Dressing for Thanksgiving festivities usually goes one of two ways: super casual (hello, sweats!) or a little bit dressy. I believe in combining the comfort one needs to get through marathon eating with style that will be appropriate for meeting the family or grabbing drinks with friends afterward. Here are my top five tips for feeling comfy and looking cute on Turkey Day:
1. Dress in layers— you want to be comfortable temperature-wise, too!
2. Wear a pant or jean in a stretchy, breathable material.
3. A sweatshirt can totally work— with studs, metallics, prints and fun knits, there are so many options.
4. Choose one item that can take your daytime look to nighttime, like a high-heeled boot.
5. If you’re going to be helping in the kitchen, wear colors that don’t easily show stains. Black, navy, blues and burgundy are ideal.