If you’re looking to keep it healthier this Thanksgiving, I’ve got your back. Click through the gallery for a collection of lightened up classic Thanksgiving side dishes. Still delicious, just a little nicer to the body. xoxo, Whit
Posts Tagged Food
To my fellow foodies,
Buzzfeed launched their new vertical, Buzzfeed Food, this week and if you’re a fan of cooking, baking, eating or simply just looking at delicious food, this site is definitely for you. I was checking it out this morning and stumbled upon this amazing post, 24 Things to Stuff Into Cookies, and had to share. Enjoy! xoxo, Whit
With the perfect fall dinner menu in place, you can now set the scene for the party. Here are some pics from a dinner party I recently hosted to give you a little inspiration for your own. Want to know how to achieve a chic, easy setting for a cozy autumn party? Check out below. Enjoy! xoxo, Whit
1. It’s all about ambiance. Have music playing before the party starts and make sure lighting is just right. Your place should feel comfortable and inviting.
2. Illuminate your space. Use candles and strings of white holiday lights to add just the right amount of warmth and light.
3. Recycle to your advantage. Reuse glass bottles and fill with water for the table, or fill old glass jars with autumn-colored candies or spiced mixed nuts to use as decor.
4. Make your own table bouquets. They don’t have to be super elaborate— stick to one or two flowers and keep the bouquets short and tidy. You want guests to be able to see one another.
5. Keep it simple. You don’t need to crowd the table with decor to impress your friends. When you keep it simple, the more comfortable everyone will feel. It will let the food and your company shine.
6. Save yourself some time. Set the table the night before so the day of your party, you’ve already got that taken care of. Any food prep you can do a day or two beforehand, go for it. Your party is also about you having fun, too!
7. Embrace what you already have. Use your neutral plates and rely on festive napkins, centerpieces and a tablecloth to add your party’s color scheme.