The holiday season is officially here. That means the coming days are filled with fêtes and family time, both calling for specific outfit options. Whether you’re going to a dressed-up dinner or baking cookies all Sunday with your friends, these holiday season wardrobe essentials have you covered. Take a look through the gallery for my top 11 holiday must-haves.
Posts Tagged Fashion
Want to know exactly what I was up to the day before the Whitney Eve Spring 2013 show at NYFW? Watch my video about it, where I explain the casting, styling and prepping processes. I feel like this was just yesterday! While you’re watching, you can subscribe to my YouTube channel. xoxo, Whit (more…)
Dressing for Thanksgiving festivities usually goes one of two ways: super casual (hello, sweats!) or a little bit dressy. I believe in combining the comfort one needs to get through marathon eating with style that will be appropriate for meeting the family or grabbing drinks with friends afterward. Here are my top five tips for feeling comfy and looking cute on Turkey Day:
1. Dress in layers— you want to be comfortable temperature-wise, too!
2. Wear a pant or jean in a stretchy, breathable material.
3. A sweatshirt can totally work— with studs, metallics, prints and fun knits, there are so many options.
4. Choose one item that can take your daytime look to nighttime, like a high-heeled boot.
5. If you’re going to be helping in the kitchen, wear colors that don’t easily show stains. Black, navy, blues and burgundy are ideal.
With holiday shopping right around the corner, I wanted to share this cool video about one of my favorite holiday collaborations. Target and Neiman Marcus are teaming up to release 50 gifts created by 24 renowned designers. Here is a behind-the-scenes look at the making of the campaign, starring model Karlie Kloss! (more…)