My taste buds for Thanksgiving are a little different than the average Joe. I don’t know what it is but I am just not the biggest fan of turkey, casseroles, and pies! This year, all 5 kids are helping my mom out in the kitchen. I have added on a few new recipes to be included in the holiday! They are a bit untraditional but whatevs! They will taste just as good as everything else! I looked through Ina Garten’s new cookbook and chose this as one of my dishes…
• 1/4 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
• 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh chives
• 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh mint
• 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh tarragon
• 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 4 teaspoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, divided
• 8 (1-ounce) slices country-style bread
• 1 garlic clove, halved
• 1 1/2 teaspoons extravirgin olive oil
• 1 large ripe tomato, cut into 8 (1/4-inch-thick) slices (about 8 ounces)
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
Combine first 6 ingredients; stir in 1 tablespoon parsley.
Place bread slices on grill rack; grill 1 minute on each side or until lightly browned. Rub one side of each bread slice with cut sides of garlic. Discard garlic. Brush oil evenly over garlic-rubbed sides of bread slices. Spread 1 1/2 teaspoons ricotta mixture over each bread slice; top each serving with 1 tomato slice. Sprinkle salt and remaining 1 teaspoon parsley evenly over the tomatoes. Serve immediately.