For first time Coachella goers, packing can be a painful and confusing experience. You’re told hundreds of different things from hundreds of different people and you end up with a bag overflowing with a little bit of everything. Well I’m going to make things easy for you — KEEP IT SIMPLE! See below for my list of What To Wear Essentials.
- Comfortable shoes — go with Converse or flats. Boots can be cute but you’ll end up with pretty embarrassing tan lines and they can often get a bit hot.
- Flowy loose dresses — these won’t take up much room in your luggage and they’re easy to move around in. Plus they’re good in the heat.
- Shorts — I would say bring one or two pairs of shorts (unless you are my sister Paige, who will end up bringing 10 pairs of jean shorts)
- Tanks and tees — Maybe just your favorite of each. Remember, you’ll only be there for three days and chances are you’ll wear your day outfits into the evening.
- Messenger bag or a small backpack — something that is easy to hold on to that will fit the essentials — sun screen, water bottle, camera, phone (even though you probably won’t have service), wallet, etc.
- Light sweater for nighttime — Bring something small that will fit in your bag.
- Comfy sunglasses — Ones that actually shield the sun and that you’re not constantly worrying about falling off. It’s also not a bad idea to bring a cheap $10 pair that you wouldn’t be too heartbroken about losing.
- Hat — Just one extra way to fashionably protect yourself from the blistering desert sun.
- Don’t bring a lot of jewelry — if you want to accessorize, again, keep it simple :)
Ok that’s all I can think of for now, I hope my Coachella Style Guide will make packing for some of you a less stressful experience. See you guys there!!!!